Tricks and Tips for Small Spaces
Small apartments often pose a challenge for decorators. With the right tricks, however, you can live wonderfully well in a small space. We'll show you how to optimally use the space to get the most out of your apartment.
- Rule number one: Less is more. This rule is hard to abide by in a small space, but rather than keep adding shelves or boxes, simply reduce your clutter. Regularly get rid of things you no longer need to make use of the storage space you have available efficiently.
- Self-discipline is an important factor when you have a small apartment. You're forced to clean up after yourself immediately or you'll be left with no free space. With dirty dishes lying around or shoes in the way, things quickly pile up. Keeping a sense of order is important! If magazines and books are neatly stacked, and clothes are carefully folded, you have not only more space available, you have a less stressful environment. Keeping your home clean provides a more soothing environment.
- To be more flexible, you can buy furniture with wheels or self-assemble them. Thus, it is relatively easy to move things around if you have guests.
- This realization is probably not suprizing, but small rooms appear cluttered quickly. It is important to keep clean lines and reduce visual clutter. Selected decorative elements should be chosen according to their colors. In addition, shapes and materials should be grouped together to creates a visual sense of peace.
- Stay open to new ideas. Your apartment should meet your needs, but sometimes life changes. Every now and then keep an eye out for what could be improved. Over time, your apartment will feel more cozy.
- If one uses bright colors, rooms appear larger and more open. Creamy pastel colors look cozy, and friendly. Even are dark tones may be appropriate, because these can become blurred contours. Rough edges are also less disturbing. In short, adjust the color scheme of your home to the circumstances to produce harmony. Keep a color scheme in a small room to give the room a frame.
- Multifunctional furniture is practical. Make sure you only buy furniture that comes with storage space, such as stools with hidden storage.
- Screens as a room dividers set individual areas apart from each other in small spaces. This has not only style, but it is comforting to plan individual areas for clear use.
- In a small apartment, there should be no unused space. Space under the bed or the couch should be used. For roof slopes or stairs, this remains the same. Shoe shelves, a wardrobe or a wine rack space take up a lot of space. These things can easily be stored elsewhere. The same applies to the walls. Small shelves or baskets on the walls can carry cooking utensils, spices, etc.. This creates space. It's about finding the right balance.
- Form follows function. Do not be guided by traditional establishment rules. A large dining table is, for example, unnecessary. A small folding table can also be sufficient. If you work at home, you should pay proper attention to the work area and should consider buying a smaller sofa. If you are traveling a lot, you may be able to completely dispense with an extra workplace. Look at your needs and plan the apartment afterwards.
- You should always use a lot of small light sources, instead of one large one. This way you can add bright walls to a space to make it appear larger. If you set the largest piece of furniture in tubular spaces on the wider wall, painting the short walls dark and long walls light colors will make the room appear wider.
- Rounded edges
- High-quality MDF wood
In stock4.7 (3)
- Adjustable height
- Robust workmanship
- The front part of the table top is inclinable
In stock5.0 (1)-11%
- 3 Styles
£558.04 - £575.79
- Table top height adjustable
- Midsection tilt adjustable
- Robust laminate surface
In stock5.0 (1)Special offer
- Complete set
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Timeless look
In stock4.0 (1)
Interismo Shopping Highlights
Free delivery to United Kingdom from £42.90 *
We ship globally to more than 90 countries
Secure Payment using SSL Encryption Technology